Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Legend of Devil's Tower: Climbing Aspirations

So here is my first adventure oriented blog. Woohoo!

Recently there has been a spark of interest concerning my future career. I feel called to missions and that is certainly what I plan to do... but in addition, I really want to do some photography along the way. You have no idea how stoked I am about this. It's such a cool thing. I can travel around the world, share the Gospel, and take pictures for some happenin' awesome magazine. It's a great plan, right!?

Well, I'm sure the picture to your left caught your attention. It is a slightly silly depiction of Devil's Tower. Devil's Tower is located in Crook County Wyoming. This climbable national monument, the first one ever established by Teddy Roosevelt mind you, is a 5112 ft. summit. Crazy? I know. Click here to check out some more about it. I actually learned of Devil's Tower through my Native American Studies. There is some history behind Native ceremonies there, but now it is largely a climber's attraction. After reading about it and then looking it up, I got pumped. I have been wanting to start climbing. I am going to start training and what not relatively soon. It will be yet another awesome thing I am blessed to experience. All of that goes to say that one day, I'm not sure when, I will go to Crook County Wyoming and climb Devil's Tower. It's gonna happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.