Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Jim & The Jacket

In a world filled mostly with less than mediocre music and swamped with talentless compositions, Jim James, Two-Tone Tommy, Patrick Hallahan, Bo Koster, and Carl Broemel make up the ever epic band... MY MORNING JACKET.

I have become completely smitten with this band, as will you. My Morning Jacket was introduced to me a couple of years ago by a friend who obviously has a taste for good music. Upon hearing what would be my first experience of MMJ, my finger hit play and "One Big Holiday" began bellowing out of the speakers. I caught myself nodding my head and tapping my toes. This ballad had struck my senses. It had captivated my thoughts. Sound dramatic? Well, it was. I began to search out every song I could. Listening to them over and over. Memorizing every lyric, every skat. Mimicking each strum on the guitar, beat on the drum, and stroke of the keys.
Aside from each band member being a musical genius, lyrical brilliance is apart of the equation that makes them so terrific. Most of their songs require a good one or two over before quite understanding the underlying meaning or story being told. Jim James has a bewitching tone and voice that will swoon in an instant. If you're one to buy into vibes, as I am, then you will only detect positivity and elegant groove. The songs range from amazing jam sessions to low-key ballads of romance.

I must admit that their hail from Louisville contributes slightly to their appeal, at least to me, but that is just the icing on the cake. Hometown boys with a good sense of southern rock and soul. If you enjoy tantalizing rifts, hearty drumming, stunning vocals, and dexterous showmanship, then you simply must dive head first into the music of My Morning Jacket.

Right now the band is laying low in the midst of recording their new album. (If this new album is as good as "Z", their most recent album, then we are in for a treat). Unfortunately that doesn't leave them with much time to do shows... mainly unfortunate for me because I have yet to see them! I am hoping for maybe a surprise New Years show, but we will see what they have up their sleeve.

Check out My Morning Jacket. You will not be disappointed, I promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.